Monday, January 25, 2010

Wednesday, January 20 and Monday, January 25, 2010

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On Wednesday, I finished going through the Biology and Botany prints and negatives, transferred all the information on those prints to the negative envelopes, and sleeved the negatives. I'll be doing this throughout my internship in preparation for the new database, into which we should be able to start entering images from the Photographic Services collection in mid-February, according to the Digital Library Program.

Photographic Services (or Photoservices), an Indiana University service which provides photographers for university events and creates large, high-quality prints of images, today exists as IU Photographics.

I also continued working on locating negatives for the basketball project. This time I was looking at images of men's basketball from the 1960s and 1970s.


Monday, January 25, 2010

Today, I continued scanning negatives of men's basketball from the 1970s. I worked on locating images of a particular player. In general, we will try to work from a student's final year on the team backwards to his or her earlier years, since the best shots of players are usually taken during their later years on the team.

As part of the ongoing preparation for the new database, I also pulled the Photoservices prints and negatives of the construction of Beck Chapel, transferred the information from the prints to the negative envelopes, and sleeved the negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment