Sunday, January 31, 2010

Internship Reading Overview

As part of my internship, I will be reading professional literature for the field in which I'm working and writing abstracts for that literature. For every twenty hours I work, I will write an abstract of one article or book chapter I have read. Since I am doing this internship for 3 credits and working 180 hours total, this should work out to a total of 9 readings.

On Wednesday, January 27th, Brad and I discussed possible reading material, and he suggested several books from which I will select chapters. Most of my reading will probably come from these books:

Reilly, J. M. (1986). Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints. Eastman Kodak Company.
ISBN: 0-87985-365-4

Ritzenthaler, M. L.; G. J. Munoff; & M. S. Long. (1984). Archives & Manuscripts: Administration of Photographic Collections. Chicago, IL: Society of American Archivists.
ISBN: 0-931828-61-9

Wilhelm, H. (1993). The Permanence and Care of Color Photographs: Traditional and Digital Color Prints, Color Negatives, Slides, and Motion Pictures. Grinnell, Iowa: Preservation Publishing Company.
ISBN: 0-911515-00-3

Ritzenthaler, M. L. & D. Vogt-O'Connor. (2006). Photographs: Archival Care and Management. Chicago, IL: Society of American Archivists.
ISBN: 1-931666-17-2

Mahard, Martha. (May 24, 2007). Describing Photographs in the Online Environment: SAA Workshop. Bloomington, IN: Society of American Archivists.

No comments:

Post a Comment