Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010

I spent Monday looking for images of Maryalyce Jeremiah, a women's basketball coach at Indiana University from 1980 to 1984, for the ongoing basketball project. I was looking for photos of Maryalyce Jeremiah at a 1983 game against Kentucky in particular. I was unable to find photographs from this game, but I did find a few other images of her coaching the women's team during games and some good portrait shots of her.

Since out sports database in the AskSam database program does not list the individuals appearing in specific envelopes of negatives, the only way to find images of this coach was to check the women's basketball media guides to find out what years she she spent coaching at Indiana University and to see what she looked like. I then went through all the contact sheets for those years to find images of women's basketball and checked each image with the loupe to find those in which Maryalyce Jeremiah appeared. I then pulled those negatives and scanned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment