Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday, February 1, 2010 and Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We're still working mostly on finding images for the exhibits in the new basketball practice facility. Yesterday and today, I worked on finding images of the early years of women's basketball. While women's basketball began at IU early in the 1970s, these first games were not frequently photographed, so images are a little scarce.

For some of the earliest years, I checked all the sports negatives individually for shots of women's basketball. Since many of these envelopes are unlabeled, I added labels identifying the sports pictured to each of the envelopes as I went through them. For later years, we used the "Ask Sam" database to identify and pull the negatives of women's basketball. I then went through all the negatives I'd pulled and looked for good-quality images--images that were clear and showed the faces of IU players. I scanned these and, if they still looked clear when scanned at 2400 dpi, I saved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment